Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

More than just a haircut

Yesterday afternoon I had a hair appointment.  I love my hair appointments.  Meagan is the perfect stylist for me.  She is friendly and listens to my fondest hair wishes.  She's good at what she does and (best of all) she doesn't feel compelled to chat idly with me.  We sit there in companionable silence while she works her magic.  I read my book and luxuriate in the stillness of it.

I left the salon happy and lighter.  I realized that in addition to being lighter because I had less hair, I had had a little bit of time where I was not in charge.  A few nights ago I limply whined to Adam from the depths of the loveseat which I'd sunk into that I just didn't want to be in charge of anything else. Ever again.

He empathized.  He agreed.  He did all the soothing Adam things that make me feel better.

When I went to the salon, I had shown Meagan a picture on my phone of what I had in mind and then I couldn't do anything until she was done.  I didn't need to multitask or plan or field questions from anyone.  It was purely wonderful.  Sometimes sitting still for awhile is what I need.

I promised Marianne I'd post a picture of my new hairdo:


 
I looked slightly crazed in the first long arm self portrait attempt then I went downstairs and had Braeden take a picture.  Emma inserted herself and ensured that at least compared to her, I don't look crazed.  (Way to take one for the team, Emma.)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look lovely!

Marianne said...

Oh, you are beautiful!!

Olivia Cobian said...

I love your haircut! You look like a BABE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails