Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Joy to the world

Yesterday I was at the grocery store with what seemed like the rest of the entire world.  It occurred to me how happily we disrupt our regular lives and routine for Christmas.  It is a Big Deal and I can't think of anything better.

As I surveyed the crowds in the aisles and check-out lines, I thought that love was what was motivating each one of us.  We want to show love for other people on Christmas so we buy and prepare special foods, we purchase gifts, we wrap them, we daydream about happy reactions.  We deliver treats to our friends and neighbors.  It is all motivated by love.

And I think that is the perfect way to celebrate Jesus Christ's birthday.  It was He who said love thy neighbor as thyself.  I think it's wonderful that every Christmas, we do just that.


For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails