Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What our backyard and the Great Wall of China have in common

The first thought I had this morning when I woke up was a happy one.  I thought, "It's Friday!"

Then I remembered yesterday was Monday.

Last Friday evening found us at the Verizon store.*  That always takes a soul-numbing amount of time and we know because we've been there a lot.*  While there, Mark killed some time by looking up our house on a map on a ipad.  In our backyard on the satellite image was a picture of the fort our boys built last year.

Braeden said, "I remember when I was a little kid and I learned that the Great Wall of China was so big you could see it from space.  That used to mean something.  Now you can see everything from space."

I told him the fort they built in our backyard was the same size as the Great Wall of China.  It still means something.



*Dear Verizon,

I have never had such negative feelings about a company that I continue to do business with.  Curse you for having the best network because you have the worst customer service.  In America.

Sincerely,

Thelma

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Is the fort still standing or did it just happen to be there on picture day?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails