Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

She doesn't deserve us

one of my favorite pictures in the world:  a goldfish funeral

My mom is only minimally cheeky.  We all get it from my dad.  I'm pretty sure of that.

I emailed my siblings, telling them Braeden would be speaking in church on August 31.

That's the date our bishop gave us, so I forwarded it on.

Turns out that day is a Monday.  And I know that because of the barrage of cheeky emails my siblings sent.

Olivia said she didn't know how we did it in Utah, but in Nevada, Sunday was still the sabbath.

Ammon said we were doing a pilot program, having missionaries speak on Monday rather than Sunday because they take up too much time during sacrament meeting.

It went on and on.

Then my mom sent us some emails.  There are a few things that belonged to our grandma and grandpa Dahl that are up for grabs.  We are not very cutthroat about such things, although there are a few things more than one of us would like.  My mom is the epitome of fairness and wants to make sure that everyone has an equal chance to end up with something they like.  So the emails.  She included pictures.

More cheekiness ensued.  Including but not limited to me threatening to tie Enoch up on the front porch with jump ropes like we used to do when we babysat him.  (I would need my sisters' help, possibly my sisters in law too.  I'm pretty sure I can count on their assistance.)

Upon hearing that, and remembering the conversation we had at Ammon's birthday party where we talked about how I used to hold him over the banister of the stairs when he was a baby, just to terrorize him, Emma said, "I used to think I did mean things to Mark but when I hear about things you did to your brothers, I think I have always been very nice to him."

In my defense, Ammon said that I wasn't the only one that held him over the banister like that.

He was our real live action toy we could get an impressive reaction out of.

(I'm not sure that's really a good defense.)

I was reading the stream of emails to Braeden because he appreciates the humor (few would appreciate it--it's a bit...obscure...at times). 

At one point, Braeden shook his head.  "Your poor mom," he said.

And I agree.  She deserves better.  As for me, my siblings are pretty much a delight.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

That picture again, Thelma? I look like the family harlot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails