Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Books I read July 2015

Is it possible I only read two books in July?  I've been busy elsewhere I guess.  The good news is, I liked both of them.





A Small Hotel ****
by Robert Olen Butler

This was a good one!

My only hesitation in recommending this book is that I know my sisters wouldn't like it.  It's not G rated.  Fair warning.

It was an excellent book though.  The writing was beautiful and up until the last page, I was holding my breath, unsure of what was going to happen and hoping against hope for a happy ending.

I won't tell you what happened.

It's about a divorce.  And a marriage.  It starts on the day of a divorce with lots of memories and flashbacks of each person.

So good.



A Patchwork Planet ***
by Anne Tyler

I always like Anne Tyler.  Her characters are impeccable.  I remember when I picked one of her books for book club and no one really liked it much.  It surprised me.  I guess she's not everyone's flavor.

This is about a guy who's kind of a loser (much like most of Anne Tyler's characters) but he's also very likable and he made strides and it made me think a lot.

What more can I want?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails