Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Merry Christmas

A rare Saturday post, but I wanted to say Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

Last night we went to Temple Square to see the lights.  It was crowded.  And beautiful.  But crowded.

I guess it wasn't an original idea and we didn't even really plan on it in advance but Braeden said he wanted to so we did.


Right after he took our picture Braeden said, "This spot is my favorite spot in the whole world."  I'm pretty fond of the Salt Lake Temple myself.  It's where we got our start.



Vanessa and Omar joined us.  Mark and Vanessa kept having snowball fights.  Gingers.... (They were the same height when we first moved here.)




Omar leaves on January 3 for a mission.  He'll be speaking Spanish in Washington, D.C.  Spanish was his first language + he's an awesome kid.  He will be a great missionary.

Omar's phone died so he borrowed my phone because he wanted a picture of the reflecting pond.


I should have given him my phone earlier to take pictures....

I love the picture and what it means to me.  The beautiful temple represents covenants and eternity and Adam forever.  The Nativity reminds me of the wonderful Gift we were all given, the Savior, Jesus Christ.  The lights, so beautiful and inviting, remind me to follow the Light.  Look up.  Be a light for someone else.

It's OK that is was crowded.  So was Bethlehem.  Merry Christmas!  I hope you have a wonderful time with people you love.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Lovely post. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails