Pages

Friday, December 22, 2017

Cinco, cinq, viisi, fem

We sat around reading scriptures together before bed and I was grateful to be five again.  It feels good.

Emma lamented that she forgot her capo for her guitar.  She said, "How can I sing angsty songs without my capo?"

I suggested maybe the lack of a capo could just add to the angst....

Yesterday the three kids went on a shopping expedition for Christmas gifts for their parents (I encouraged them to take their time and take lots of money).  They went to BYU to give Emma's friend Omar a ride to the store.  He needed another suitcase.  He's going on a mission January 3!  Emma stopped by her dorm to get her capo and I'm glad she did because then she played several songs for me that she wrote.

While the kids were gone, our new mattress arrived.  The box was left on our porch and it was covered in caution-this-is-heavy type stickers.  (side note:  Adam didn't think we needed a new mattress but I am basically that princess from The Princess and the Pea and I have been waking up every morning with a sore back.  Also, they were on sale for $200 off the regular price.)  When the boys got home, I tasked them with carrying the box upstairs to our room.  A big bonus of having a strong husband is that you have strong sons, because the stickers didn't lie.  That box was heavy.  (I think I deserve a little credit too because their childhood was pretty much moving couches and bookshelves and the like.)

It's nice to have these kids around.  I wake up and smile when I remember everyone's home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails