Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Thou shalt not covet

Saturday, Emma and her friends stopped here and made cookies on their way home from seeing the lights at Temple Square.  I'm not sure who all came because I went to bed before those crazy night owls made it here.  They did leave me some cookies on the counter though.

Sunday, Braeden's Family Home Evening group came here.  They had a white elephant gift exchange and ate treats and drank Cranberry Sprite (love that stuff!).  There were twelve of them and they were great kids.  I gave the hungry boys a bowl of sliced apples and oranges.  I am a one woman campaign to keep them from getting scurvy.  (They don't eat very healthfully.)

Monday, I was backing out of our driveway to drive Mark to school.  I told him I was jealous of the Porters across the street.

Mark told me that I wasn't supposed to covet what my neighbors have.

I said, "I know, but Sara is home from BYU for Christmas!"

Who knows when my turkeys will make an appearance.  They're in no rush.  I guess I can't have everything.  I can't have a revolving door of them and their friends (which I adore! the more the merrier!) and have kids that are homesick and dying to get home.

Still, I'll be glad when their friends go home for Christmas.  Then maybe they'll come home.  We don't have snow or mistletoe, but I'm ready!  I mean, these halls are decked!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails