Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Online Shopping Wizardry

Or voodoo.

I don't know.  Strange things are afoot.

A few days ago a package arrived on my doorstep from Lowe's.

It had my name on it but I didn't open it because I hadn't ordered anything from Lowe's.  I waited until I could ask Adam if he had ordered it, in case he ordered something for me from Lowe's that arrived in a medium sized box?  Maybe?

Adam hadn't ordered anything from Lowe's either so I opened the packing slip.  It was addressed (and obviously delivered) to me but someone name Ki Fani had placed the order and used a MasterCard to pay.

I have a MasterCard debit card but I never use it.

I called Lowe's customer service.  In case you were ever thinking of making a quick call to Lowe's customer service let me save you the trouble.  Don't.  After going through a dizzying maze of options, none of which resulted in talking to a person, I finally pushed 2 and listened to their really horrible hold music while I waited to possibly talk to a person.

(Why is all hold music in America terrible?  It's like the terrorists are winning on that one.)

While I was on hold, I tidied up the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher and then got online to check my other packages that were on their way.  (They were experiencing longer than normal wait times, like they do.)

According to Amazon, I had had a package delivered on my front porch.  My immediate thought was that maybe my package had been stolen because a few people in my neighborhood have had packages stolen recently.  Then I decided to rip the box from Lowe's open and just see if it was what I had ordered from Amazon by chance.

And it was.

I have zero explanation for any of this and I'm really hoping that Ki Fani got what they ordered, which probably arrived in an Amazon box with a packing slip of what I'd ordered.

Who knows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails