Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Officially caught up

It's kind of an exciting time.  After 20 odd years of making scrapbooks for my children, I'm caught up!  (That is if you aren't too particular.)

I have an entire set of shelves devoted to the two-inch wide three ring binder page protected scrapbooks.  They are full of pictures and drawings and the like and they make me happy.  (On Mark's recent birthday he and I looked through several of them, then when the big kids came home for dinner they looked at them too.)  They feel like time worth spent.

But then, I decided to make Snapfish photo books.  They are easy and can be done without pulling out all the scrapbook detritus.  As a big bonus, they take up less shelf space.

But then what to do with all the scrapbook type stuff?  The ticket stubs, the play and concert programs, the birthday cards.  I had been collecting all the stuff for a few years and finally decided a scrapbook with just that stuff and no pictures would be boring.

So I bought each kid a box.  I sorted the stuff in less than an hour and some day I will give each kid  their box (I apologize in advance to their future unsuspecting spouse).  Then they can keep it lovingly on a shelf, put it in a scrapbook or throw it away.

In the meantime, I'm caught up.  On one thing.  And that's something!


1 comment:

Olivia said...

They're such pretty boxes too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails