Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Grateful Friday

We've never been shy about celebrating made up holidays (here's looking at you pikkujoulu).  Today is a holiday for us.  It's our 50/50 day!  Today, Adam and I have been married exactly half of our lives.  We are able to have this day in common because we share the same birthday.  It's like a super anniversary (even though it isn't our anniversary at all).

We're going on a little getaway (which seems perfectly timed because Adam has been busy and I haven't seen enough of that guy lately).  We're leaving Braeden and Mark at the helm.  I fully expect an emptier fridge/freezer/pantry when we return.

Where does one go for a 50/50 day?  I'm glad you asked.  We are going to Arches National Park.  In December.  Why not?  The weather will not be sunny and warm but like Dean Martin's song, "what do I care how much it may storm, I've got my love to keep me warm."

I'm grateful for half a lifetime spent with Adam.  He's everything good in a husband and father.  We are all lucky to have him.

half a lifetime ago

3 comments:

Geri said...

There's a country song that says " If you get their before I do don't give up on me". Lucky for us and for Adam he only had to wait a few hours in heaven without you and then the first opportunity you could met again you did. Happy 50/50. I am crying but it might because the credit union site won't load.

Olivia Cobian said...

I love Geri's comment. So sweet. Have a wonderful 50/50, Thelma and Adam!

Jen Dahl said...

Wow. This made me happy. Enjoy your time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails