Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2017

When you have a lot to learn



Yesterday Emma opened her Bob Ross Chia Pet and there were no instructions.  Nothing but a little packet of seeds.

So she googled it, like you do.  Reading the instructions, Emma said, "This does not seem intuitive enough to not have instructions included."  There was a specific amount of water you had to mix the seeds with, you had to stir for a prescribed amount of time, you needed to soak Bob.

I was in and out of the room.  At one point, Emma was stirring the seeds with some water and said, "This is getting thick.  I guess that makes sense since chia seeds can be used to thicken things."

And that, dear reader, is when my little mind expanded.

Wait.

So Chia Pets and the chia seeds used in health food are the same thing?!?  Am I the only person in America to not realize that?

At dinner I told Adam about the earth shattering experience.  I was pretty sure he would have the same reaction as Emma and think that I was just dumb.

But he didn't.  He hadn't made the connection either.  At least we have each other.

And Emma, who we need to occasionally teach us stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails