Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

A snatch of time

I have a couple of minutes this morning for a brief write-this-down.

Living in the fast lane over here!  Yesterday I was away from home for about 14 hours straight and that's not usual for this homebody.

Tuesday Stella and I went to BYU for the devotional.  It was wonderful!  How I love and adore BYU!  Emma's choir coincidentally was singing for the devotional.  Braeden's friend texted him a picture so Braeden texted me the picture.


We had lunch and then Stella and I headed to SLC to "avoid the lines" and get checked in to RootsTech a day early.

Ha!

We stood in line for nearly two hours with all the other people who were cleverly avoiding the line with us.

It reminded me of all the lines at Disneyworld I was unwilling to stand in because they weren't worth it....

We stopped and visited my grandma on the way home and by a happy coincidence, Enoch and Jennifer and family were there visiting too.  It was great to see them briefly and gawk at how tall Isaiah and Luke are.  I swear you can't turn your back on those boys.

That evening we went to the temple and performed a sealing for Stella's beloved son and daughter-in-law.  It was a sacred time and I'm profoundly grateful every time I'm able to be in the temple with Stella.  It brings greater clarity and renews my love for temple covenants and ordinances.

Yesterday was the first day of RootsTech.  Wow.  What a crush of people!  It was a lot for an introvert to handle all day long but I persevered and of course enjoyed spending time with Stella.  She regaled me with an amazing story while we ate our lunch of the time she entered and left Nigeria five times in 24 hours.  I've never met anyone with such a life story.  For today I selected a class for us to attend about writing your story.  (Hint, hint Stella.)

It's a little hard for me to know what classes to attend.  The beginner class we attended was a little too easy; I knew most all the information already.  The intermediate class left me saying, "What now?"

We attended a class about slavery research which I thought would be interesting especially because of Stella's African roots.  She said maybe I had African roots as well and I showed her the underside of my arm that is so pale it is blue.  The class was engaging though.  I love that people are passionate about niches of history and make things happen.

On the Family Search app, you can connect with other people found at RootsTech you are related to.  I exchanged a few messages with people:



It made me happy.

That's all for today.  I'm off to fill my brain up!


1 comment:

Olivia said...

So glad to hear a snatch of your life! I've missed your blogging. It sounds like a wonderful time--even for an introvert!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails