Pages

Friday, April 27, 2018

Grateful Friday

Yesterday I just walked around all morning with a smile on my face and a spring in my step.  I realized it was because I was getting my girl back.

After volunteering, I headed straight to Emma's dorm.  Braeden and his roommate Ben were there waiting for us so they could help carry boxes.  We filled the van and Emma hugged her friends good-bye (except her roommate, Vanessa, who lives in Pleasant Grove...that good-bye was more of a "see ya").

Emma inherited a beta fish from her friend Bella who lives in Texas.  I may have said something about pouring the fish out before we left which caused Emma to be scandalized.  I said, "It's going to die anyway."

Emma said, "Well not yet!"

There's a reason we're not pet people and that reason is me.  (And Adam)

Bella had named the fish Bruiser but we quickly switched the name to Brucie and spoke to him in encouraging tones as we traversed the terrible roads in Pleasant Grove.  "Hang in there, Brucie!" as water sloshed on Emma's hands.

We got home and had Mark help unload boxes. (brothers!  a great invention!)  We just had everything somewhat sorted when my parents and grandma came.  I was so happy to see them.

We visited awhile then took Mark to get ready for his opening night, Emma went to work, and the four of us went to dinner at Chubby's.  I love the scones there even though they are probably only making me more like the name.

Adam joined us in the nick of time.  (Emma had enlisted Adam's help in stopping at the store to pick up a fish net on his way home from work.)

Braeden and his date, Lia, joined us too.

We enjoyed Annie and look forward to more performances (where I will try to sit closer and take pictures).

The girl who played Annie wore a wig so that her hair would somewhat resemble Mark's.  Too bad that kid isn't a much smaller girl....

(Not really, I like him Mark-sized and all boy.)

After the show, I watched Lia put on lipstick and then as we walked into the lobby to greet Mark, Braeden said, "OK, here we go, the moment of truth."

Then Lia (who knows Mark pretty well) hugged him and kissed his cheek and then Mark had a lipstick mark on his face and Braeden and Lia thought that was hilarious and Mark didn't seem to mind in the least.

I don't know about these kids, but that is usually the case.

When we got home, Emma was home from work and it is a delight to have her home.  Brucie's water was dark and nasty so Emma googled how to change water in a fish bowl and carefully followed the directions.  She was scared to hurt Brucie with the net and was just holding it there so he would decide to swim into it.  I told her she had to scoop but she was worried about "stressing" him.

I grabbed the net and scooped the fish and dumped him into the fresh water.  Emma carefully cleaned the dirty bowl and rinsed the rocks and fake plant and I couldn't help but realize with dejection that we have a pet.  I had to scoop him back into the clean bowl, due to Emma's timidity.

Who knows, maybe I'll start to feel affection for the little guy?

Emma joined us for scriptures and prayer before bed and that, my friends, is a wonderful thing.

Braeden and Geri and Ben (the roommate) come today.

And all of that makes me grateful this Friday morning!






1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Sounds like a wonderful, busy time! Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails