Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Spring break

Mark's home this week and we are having a slower pace to our days.  Staycation city and he's the mayor.

One thing I've done is look through some old pictures.  They're killing me a little bit.


Those brown eyes!



He's so little!  (But he still has the same personality.)

A few nights ago we tricked him into going to Costco with us by telling him we were going to see Braeden.  We got to Costco and he looked around, "Where's Braeden?" he asked.  "Is he meeting us here?"

I had to break the news that we were stopping at Braeden's after Costco and I think Mark gave me the same look as above.  Then he took his money to the food court for what he calls "the best deal in retail."  A hot dog and soda for $1.50.  (We'd already had dinner but then he had Costco potstickers when we got home so as you can see he's not to be limited by mealtimes.)

On the drive home from the Costco/Braeden trip, Mark read to us this news story from the backseat:



I was afraid he was going to hyperventilate he was laughing so hard.

For one of his spring break pastimes, I told Mark I wanted him to read To Kill a Mockingbird and of course he didn't want to.  Because in the history of ever, my kids don't want to read what I recommend.

I told him he had to read it because it is an important book and something educated people have read. I also told him that I loved the book and I was his English teacher so he had to read it.

He said, "But I'm on break."

I said, "It's not my fault you live with your English teacher."

Every afternoon, when the dreaded reading and chores are done, we've been playing Monopoly for about 45 minutes.  He is killing me.  He just is having the best luck and I'm having the very worst luck.  He keeps giving me money because he feels sorry for me and whenever he lands on my pathetic property and has to pay me, he overpays and says to keep the change.  I tell him I'm not proud and I do indeed keep the change.  He is still walloping me.  It's sad, but also not.  Because we're having fun.

And any day spent with Mark, is a good one in my book.



It was my lucky day when heaven sent me that boy.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

What a cute kid! Are you going to be a Wealthy Warehouse Lady?

Olivia Cobian said...

Does the Federal Land Bank have a presence in your game?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails