Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Relief Society

For a lot of my adult life I've been out of Relief Society on Sunday (I've been in either Primary or Young Women class).  Any place is a good place to be (I like some more than others) but I really love Relief Society.

The following happened last Sunday:

I was handed an invitation for a baby shower for a young unwed mother.  Everyone wishes things hadn't turned out that way but that will not hold back the love and support and baby gifts.  It won't.

*
**

Someone talked about how another woman had "saved her life" one Sunday when her life was falling apart and no one at church knew.  This older sister waited for the younger one in the hall and looked her in the eye and asked, "Are you OK?"

The younger sister said, "No, I'm really not."  Then, when she was telling us the story, she said, "I told her what was happening and she gave me her wisdom.  And we became dear friends after that."

*
**

Every week lately, the teacher gives a challenge at the end of the lesson.  A few weeks ago, as I mentioned before, the lesson had been about being able to do hard things.  The question was asked, "Did anyone have an opportunity to apply their faith to doing something hard?"

Someone talked about how her husband and mother-in-law had needed surgery on the same day.

Someone else talked about coming home from spring break to a flooded basement.

A few more sisters talked about hard things that had happened.

Someone else raised her hand and said, "It sounds like a lot of people had a hard week.  Can I make a suggestion that we don't have any more lessons about hard things?

It makes me happy to be there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails