Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

That was a pretty good day

This week, everyone is going to do a guest post.  Five days, five family members (except mine isn't a guest post, but still.)

We talked about different ideas at dinner yesterday and finally landed on That Was A Pretty Good Day.

So I'll start.

There are so many to choose from.  There's our wedding day.  The days our children were born.  Vacation days, days at the river, days in National Parks, the day we discovered luggage trolleys in hotels (life changer).

I think I'll just write about Saturday though.

Because it was a pretty good day.

I got up early and early summer is lovely.  There were hot air balloons across the valley.  I drove to Provo to pick up Braeden and there was neither a marathon nor road construction blocking my path.

It was great to see Braeden.  He was tired but happy and told me some highlights from his week.  I told him all about book club earlier int he week which had had a spirited discussion.  We got home and Adam started Mark mowing the lawn (the lawn mower is super hard to start) and I gave Emma a list of tasks and Adam and Braeden and I headed to the temple.

We performed proxy sealings and it was pretty incredible.  There's nothing like the feeling you get in the temple when you are serving people you researched and hunted for and felt help in finding.

We also met a sealer who is Joseph Fielding Smith's son (so Joseph F. Smith's grandson and Hyrum Smith's great grandson).  He was 92 and very kind.

When we left the temple, Braeden said he thought he'd been very good so deserved a lunch out with his parents.

We were going to veto the idea but then I remembered we'd taken the other two kids out for Indian food the night before.  So we hit Arby's (fancy, I know).  Before that, we went to Walmart because Braeden needed a patriotic hat to wear when he's in San Antonio over the 4th of July.

He ended up with these. (He took a picture later that evening to show his fellow EFY counselors.  One of his friends texted him that she had just been looking at flag pants on Amazon.  Braeden said, "These are my people!")


While Braeden napped and Emma went to work, we cleaned the garage when we got home.  We took everything out that wasn't on a shelf and pressure-washed the floor.  I can't believe all the dirt we'd been living in out there.  It was a big and tiring job but very rewarding.  I love it when things are clean!

But we were exhausted and the teriyaki chicken dinner I was planning would have to wait another day.  We went to Mod Pizza (Mark and I had stopped by there the previous day to see the Cobians who were passing through.  We didn't get any pizza at the time and wanted to rectify the situation.)

Pizzas and marionberry lemonade all around.

After dinner we went hunting for a drop off box for my primary ballot.  Earlier in the day Braeden and I had done a little research on candidates.  I felt good about the people I'd voted for and that's a great feeling.  Also, Utah is the first state I've lived in that my candidates (except presidential apparently) have a prayer of winning.

Emma was here when we got home and we watched a few episodes of As Time Goes By together.  We've subscribed to Brit Box TV because we are anglophiles and British TV is the best.

So there was nothing out of the ordinary about Saturday.  It was just a day.  It was a day we worked together and played together and ate together and laughed together.

I guess what it comes down to is that any day I'm with these four people, it's going to be a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Aw! I love your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails