Pages

Friday, June 15, 2018

Grateful Friday

It's the little things, you know?  Here's what I'm grateful for today.

Air conditioning

Fresh blueberries

My desk chair

I am not at Girls' Camp.  My sisters are.  Solidarity, my dears, but I'm glad I'm not camping.

Taking a morning walk with Mark.  Or Mark or Braeden.  Or Mark and Braeden and Sam.  I just like a morning walk.

Finding enough hangers when I'm hanging up clothes after doing laundry.  Feels like winning.

Getting snapchats from Emma.  She delights me.

Early mornings and evenings on the deck. (I'm there right now.  There's a cool breeze and I can smell the neighbor's roses and hear the wind chimes and birds.)

*
**

Last night I was asked to go to the Family History Center to help some kids from "the other stake" with family history.  When I got there, I asked which stake they were in because the other stake could be one of many.  (It was the Timpanogos Stake.)

I started working with Anne, who was about 12-13.  She was smart and good on the computer and knew her login information which frankly is half the battle.  Her family history was complete as far as the eye could see.  I saw some Egberts on her tree and after a few clicks, realized we were related!

We searched for about an hour to find a name she could take to the temple with zero success.  At one point she said, "So I'm seeing that this is a tedious process that requires patience."

I agreed.  But then I told her that when you do find something, it is exciting.

Across the room her brother was working with a much more expert expert.  She said, "My brother's finding names and we have the same family.  Shouldn't I be finding names?"

"Well," I said, "your brother has a lot better helper than you do."

She stared at me for a beat, then started laughing.

I sort of loved Anne.

And finally, finally we started finding some names.  She said, "This is exciting!"

Then she said, "I feel all warm inside!"

When her parents arrived to pick her up she said, "I don't want to go home! I love this!"

The Spirit of Elijah is real my friends.

Driving down to the Family History Center (which is 2 minutes from my house) to work for a few hours felt like a little thing.  But sometimes the little things are big things after all.



1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love this post! You are such a blessing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails