Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Summer reading update

First of all, Worm Patrick got some stickers!



I have to give credit where it is due.  I bought Dragonwatch for Mark a long time ago and he never read it.  Then Braeden noted it on the shelf and read it.  Then Emma read it.  Then Adam read it.  Finally, Mark decided to see what the fuss was all about and he read it.  It's nice to have positive peer pressure sometimes. Also, when we were gone, Braeden enforced silent reading time.  He's very much an oldest and bossy sibling type of guy.  (Except no one--and I mean no one--can boss Emma around.)

Speaking of Emma, I read Heartless by Marissa Meyer for book club in February.  I didn't love the book but I thought Emma would like it so I put it in her room after reading it.

Since she finally had time for reading that wasn't a textbook, she read it.  She was for sure enjoying it, until the end.

Late one night she finished and left this note outside my bedroom door.


Then I felt like sort of a heartless mother for giving her a book to read that made her sad and angry.

(I did redeem myself because she also read and liked a book I gave her for Christmas.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails