Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Just because

Here are two pictures Braeden has texted me from EFY:


Coke Freestyle machines at the Wilkinson Center!  I'm guessing they'll move them into the Cougareat.  Otherwise if they are left there in the hall, they'll really be testing the limits of the honor code.



This is Bridger, Braeden's second cousin (brother to Branson who served--and is still serving--with Braeden in the Virginia Chesapeake mission).  Bridger is at EFY and in the same session as Braeden.  Braeden reported they see each other a lot and it makes him happy.

Emma works during the day at BYU Broadcasting.  (She works nights at the theater still or if she's not scheduled for that, she does chalk drawings and/or teaches me new card games.)  At BYU Broadcasting, she types closed captioning for the programs on BYUTV.  The other night, she wanted to show us Splatalot which is a show she's been working on.  It was pretty terrible.  (It's the kind of show Mark would have loved when he was about 6 years old.) She fully recognizes how terrible it is but she's spent so much time with it, she says she's invested.  Her friend Rose told her it is a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Yesterday Emma met up with Braeden on campus when Braeden had a break.  She came back with the report that he is sunburned and needs better shoes to wear. (The above picture was sent Monday night so I can only guess that sunburn is worse.)

I guess I was thinking about him extra fondly because I'd had a good phone conversation with Stella, in which among other things, we talked about how much we love Braeden.  It's something the two of us have in common.  She told me I was blessed to have him and it is 100% true.

So Emma was going to take Braeden different shoes and some sunscreen today but I decided I would instead.  I found out when his break is and we arranged to meet.

Because I can.

Braeden said, about the meeting, "Maybe we can go somewhere and get something to eat...."

He's staying in the dorms and eating in the all-you-can-eat cafeteria but he loves for me to get him something to eat.

Because he can.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

My boys love Splatalot, which confirms your opinion of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails