Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Guest post

I love my morning walks with Mark (and Braeden if he's home).  Yesterday morning Mark had me laughing so much that people stared on the Murdock Canal trail.  He's good company.  

He brought up again that he wanted to write a guest post on my blog.  "Do it," I said.  

He said, "Well, I don't want you changing it."

"I won't unless it's mean."

We walked a few strides and he said, "So what should I write about?"

"It's not so easy, huh?"

A few more strides.

"You could write a list," I told him.  "Twenty things I love about my mother."

We passed a few list ideas back and forth.  He finally arrived at 15 Reasons My Mom Could Have Killed (but didn't).

Our kids know the wisdom Geri shared with me that if you can let your son live between the age of 11-15, you can do anything.  "In your case," I told Mark, "letting you live between 1-5 was a lot harder."

"I was ten years ahead of my time," Mark said.  

So here's Mark's guest post:

Fifteen Reasons My Mom Could Have Killed Me (but didn’t)


15: The time I broke a dozen eggs onto the carpet of our living room
14: The time I broke a dozen eggs into the sink
13: The time I filled the toilet with Legos
12: When I won’t read a book she suggests
11: Whenever I mention a corndog
10: Whenever I mention Skittles
9: Or Starburst
8: Or Chinese Food
7: When she tried to get me to take choir in 7th grade
6: When she tried to get me to take choir in 8th grade
5: When she tried to get me to take choir in 9th grade
4: When she did get me to take choir in 10th grade
3: When I got kicked out of the Ikea kids area (three times)
2: When I got a lifetime ban at the same Ikea kids area
1: When I took a bottle of maple syrup out of our shopping cart and dropped it onto the floor


“If you can raise a child from the age of 1-5, you can do anything.” -Thelma Dahl Davis


It’s a lucky thing I’m so cute, or I wouldn’t have made it.

And he was cute.  Still is.




3 comments:

Jen Dahl said...

Love it! Good job to both of you for surviving!

Anonymous said...

I think Mark has a proud future as a blogger!

Olivia Cobian said...

Mark's ready for his own blog. I'll easily provide the fan club.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails