Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Feeling really grateful

I am happy to be on the mend.  I'm happy to not cough so often.  I'm happy there are antibiotics in the world.

Being sick reminds me to be grateful.

Of course I'm grateful to be reminded that usually I can work hard and that I usually have energy and the ability to get things done.

But remember this?


It is my tongue in cheek reminder to myself to chill out already.

What really comforts me is the knowledge that they aren't helpless without me.  I am surrounded by really helpful competent people.  My fellow drama mamas didn't miss a beat getting everything done that needed to be done for the play without my help.  My parents did a lot to take care of things (especially my mom, the superstar).  One of my primary counselors was the only one there on Sunday and she handled everything alone, ably and confidently.  My children have taken care of themselves and me.  Braeden substituted for a primary class.  And then there's Adam.  He's done everything he could to help.  He stepped in to help with the play.  He did the grocery shopping and meal planning.  He got Braeden to substitute for primary and found someone else for another class as well and was on hand the whole day at church in case he was needed.

No one is helpless without me.  I would much prefer to do my own work but I'm glad that I can be sick every now and then too.  Crazy thing to be grateful for, but in this month when my thoughts are turned to gratitude anyway, it's on my list.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Glad you've got such good help!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails