Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hope smiling brightly before us

Another terrorist attack.  I tried to just avoid the news altogether.  Between the presidential election and ISIS, I'd rather just stick my head in the sand.  Wake me up when it's all over.

Then I heard about the missionaries.

Two about Braeden's age and one about the age of my parents.  They were going about their way, delivering a fourth missionary to the airport and once she was on the other side of security, the bomb went off.  All four were injured.

When you have a missionary son, that is heart stopping.  Maybe it's heart stopping anyway.

The weather yesterday was rotten too.  There was an angry spring mix of hail and rain and snow.  Then there was the wind.  The wind doesn't so much blow around our mountain home as it howls.  Sometimes I wonder if the house will give up and blow away.  Maybe I should get some ruby slippers just in case I need to find my way back from Oz.

The violent weather didn't do much to calm my troubled heart about the violent world.  Then I remembered the Family Home Evening lesson the night before.  (And it would be sad if I forgot it, since I was the one teaching.)

We talked about the Atonement.  I told our children in no uncertain terms that because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ there is nothing unfixable.  I know that is true.

It is good to remember on a day when you feel like it's you against the buffetings of the world.

source

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails