Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Good morning




 

I am sitting on the balcony of maybe the best hotel I have ever stayed in.  This is my view and I love it.

Blogging on my phone is cumbersome so we will see how long this lasts.

We traveled light so I didn’t bring my laptop.

It has been a great trip and we have done all the touristy things.  Point Loma, Hotel Coronado, Old Town, great Mexican food, great seafood, Balboa Park, Seaport Village, the USS Midway (more of a drive by than anything of that one, but it stressed me out when we did the tour—the deeper we went on that ship, the more I hated it.)

One happy surprise of the trip is that Emma’s good friend Vanessa and her mom Nyla are also in San Diego.  We met them in Old Town Tuesday night for dinner and then met up again at Balboa Park Wednesday afternoon and they spent the rest of the day/evening with us.  We spent most of the time on the beach outside our hotel.  The girls and Adam swam in the ocean and Nyla and I sat in beach chairs, wearing cardigans looking very much like the middle aged school teachers we are.

It was fun to have a teacher friend on the beach and I staged a campaign to get her to come to Bonneville.  I would love to work with her.

Now I will try for more pictures:

I took this picture to show Enoch how much leg room I had on the plane.  Take that, tall kid.  When you are the short one, you need to capitalize on any advantage you find.

Here we are in Smoky, which what we named our rental car.  He wasn’t actually smoky but had a very new car smell.  It was because of his color.

Balboa Park








The beach:








As always, Adam has
been the hero of the trip.  He makes good things happen.

Here are the cute girls at Hotel Coronado, looking properly posh:




That is all for now.  I know the formatting is wacky on this post and I will fix it and have more to say when I am on my laptop!  

Just for my mom:  here is a post!

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

For me too! I love your blog.

Marianne said...

For me too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails