Pages

Friday, April 5, 2024

Grateful Friday

I am grateful to be home, even though my to do list stretches in front of me.

I am grateful for conference weekend.  I love it!  I am looking forward to being fed by the good word of God.

I am grateful we had our trip.  It was a good time.  I loved the beauty and sunshine and variety.  It is a beautiful world we live in!

It's nice that Southern California is there for Utah County to relocate to every fall and spring break.  The Veenkers were on our flight (he is in our stake presidency and is the one who asked me to speak in stake conference and I've forgiven him so it was fun to see them).  They told us about two other families in the stake they'd run into and we told them about our PG friends we'd hung out with there.  

I'm grateful for pictures Braeden has sent from the Art Institute of Chicago.  He is in Chicago presenting at a conference (when did he get to be such a grown up boy?!?) and I love that he 1) went to the art museum and 2) sent me pictures.  Having children that appreciate art makes me happy.

The thing I'm most grateful for today is Adam.

I am fortunate to have that guy.  He quietly figures out ways to get the first class seats on the flight for a great deal and strategically uses vouchers from his frequent Marriott stays to get us amazing beach front hotel rooms.  Nyla was amazed by how kind he was and I just take it for granted.  He'd drop us off and pick us up and make everything easy for us.  He is also the first one to swerve to see something interesting.  There is no way to quantify the amount of experiences I have had because I hitched my wagon to his star.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails