Pages

Friday, April 19, 2024

Grateful Friday

This has been a busy week for Adam.  I could start every blog post that way, but this one has been extra.

It is a really busy time at work, with him working into the night editing documents.

He has had church responsibilities Tuesday, Wednesday and last night.  

I haven't seen much of the kid.

Last night I was already in bed--which has been the story of the week--when he got home.  He lay down next to me to talk for a few minutes before he got back to work.  It was brief and then he got up wearily to go sit in front of a laptop for hours.

He said off-handedly, "Does my haircut look OK?"  He cuts his own hair now.  

I said, "I think so.  I can see four of you."  My astigmatism is extra exciting at night when I'm tired and not wearing glasses.  I told him I would get a better look later and let him know about his hair.

I said, "I love all four of you."

He said, "We all love you too."

He left, but before I went to sleep, I said another prayer.  I'm grateful for Adam.  I'm grateful that he daily chooses the better part.  He acknowledges his exhaustion, but he never complains about the meetings/trainings/YM activities he has to do.

He just does them.

And I'm grateful to be married to someone like him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails