Pages

Friday, September 20, 2024

Grateful Friday

We had activity days yesterday and two of the boys got in a scuffle over paper airplanes and my partner, Becca, mother of 6 and music teacher and me, mother of 3 and 3rd grade teacher shut it down.

(Mom voice + teacher voice) x 2

Both boys apologized on their own and they are very sweet boys.

When I was leaving, Becca said, "Enjoy your last few days of freedom."

Then she paused and said, "Maybe you don't think of it like that."

I don't.

I miss Adam and I'm so grateful that he will be home on Sunday.  It has been a very long trip.  It's easier than the very long trips he used to take to London back in the day (mostly because I don't have little kids at home), but I miss that guy.

Marianne told me that she and my mom were discussing it and they don't know "where I came from" since I love autumn.

That's a little alarming, because I look like Marianne and wasn't my mom there when I was born?  But I do love autumn.  I love the leaves on the mountain.  I love the mountains period.  I love the feeling it gives me when I'm at recess duty and children are running around like whirling dervishes and the mountains are just standing there, looking majestic and beautiful.  It feels like they're watching over the children and it gives me a cozy feeling.

I'm grateful for this beautiful world.

I'm grateful for my friends and my teacher team.  We nailed down our Halloween costumes yesterday.  I was the driving force behind that, not because I love Halloween, but I love to plan.  Come on, ladies.  Let's figure. This. Out.

I'm grateful for upcoming trips with Adam and upcoming home time with Adam.

I'm grateful we're having people over for Sunday dinner.

I'm grateful it is Friday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails