There's a lot to manage in any one life. I wouldn't say I have things managed, or even all that close to it.
I am trying to take my photographs in hand. Iron out the nonsense.
I got a bunch of pictures from my mom and I have sorted them by date. Then I needed to decide how to organize them. I initially thought that I would digitize everything, including all my other pictures, and make Snapfish books because they don't take up as much space.
Emma was aghast. She said, "Are you out of space?" Well, no. But I just want it all uniform and to make sense.
Emma said she wanted photos.
So I did the big photo sort. I called her and said, "OK, you're going to be the one to deal with all of this someday...." I have six photo albums that are more or less in good chronological order. I don't want to disrupt that. But I have these two photo albums. Here is one:
Basically, it is pictures I found after I had completed the other albums and I didn't want to rearrange everything.
Then there's this gem:
The title of the photo album is trying to manage expectations, because it is a hot mess. There is zero order to the photos.
Emma and I came up with the plan to have two chronologies going because I don't want to mess with the original six. It's like the large plates and the small plates.
I am taking everything out of the chaotic albums.
I am going to write the date (approximately) and label who is in the pictures and put them in some semblance of order. Happily the project has no due date.
Also, happily I get to look at all the pictures.
This picture of Adam (from when we lived in Connecticut) stopped me in my tracks because there is the World Trade Center.
This picture reminded me of that time I cut bones out of contact paper and stuck them to a black sweatsuit for Braeden for Halloween. I remember it was such a pain! (But look how cute those tiny, slightly blurry, kids are!)
So if you need me, I'll be staring at pictures, trying to discern when and who.... (I'm going to get Emma to help me on Sundays when she is over.)
No comments:
Post a Comment