Pages

Monday, September 7, 2026

Weekend

 I put our flag out when we are here.  (I fancy myself to be the monarchy and we are in residence....)

This is how I know Emma is here.  I love waking up to this leaning against the wall, even though I sadly went to bed while she was pulling it out to play.



On Saturday morning Adam and I took a walk with Marianne, Robert, Clarissa, Desi, Mason and Louisa.  It is decidedly cooler than last time we were here and I doubled up with sweatshirts for the walk.  Still lovely though.  I love the crunch of gravel when you walk.  The best kind of walk.

Back at our house, Emma played some of her music for me and I cried.  Then Adam made me laugh so much I cried.  Then I washed off my mascara and tried again with waterproof mascara.

We went to Elko and my dad treated us all to lunch at The Star. (photo credits Marianne)

My dad, Tabor, Olivia, Edgar, Josh, Lili, Hyrum, Isaiah, Mason
Ammon, me and Adam

Desi, Clarissa, Emma, Mark
My dad, Tabor, Olivia, Edgar, Josh, Lili, Hyrum, Isaiah, Mason

The cool kids table: Ammon, Ruby, Marcos and Charlotte.  (Some of the cool kids were elsewhere at the time of the photo...)


We were talking about routines and whether we were routine people or not.  My dad said he is a minimalist and likes a routine.  Olivia said, "He only spends about $14 dollars a week on food!"

Eying the bill for all of our lunches, which was basically a scroll, I said, "Not this week!"

It was very kind of him.

From there we went to the temple.  Aunt Olivia was there and I got to chat briefly and give her a hug.  It was nice to be in the temple together.  It feels like heaven.  And it feels like my mom.

As Ammon said, "Tabor was really counting on the concept that if the camera can see you, you can see the camera."  Pictures are hard and I think we did pretty well with a selfie for that many! (Kudos to Ammon with the long arm.)

We had dinner that night at Marianne's provided by Tabor's family.  Katie was sick unfortunately, so she didn't come, but Tabor and his girls made us a great dinner.

After we ate, each family shared a family history story and several people performed talents.  I enjoyed it.  We have some musically talented kids!  (If I do say so myself.) I think they have for sure outpaced their parents for talent.  Emma and Mark went back to Utah after all of that.

Sunday we went to church and in Sunday School, when they wanted visitors to introduce themselves, my dad stood up and pointed to all of us and said our names.  I enjoyed church.  It is always good to be back in the Wells Ward.

We ate lunch at Olivia's.  

We ate in the gazebo and called it First Class


Here was economy class:





We wrote letters to our missionaries and assembled hygiene kits.  My dad gave us a Come Follow Me lesson.  

Tabor and Ruby and Charlotte left after that.  Family members kept having to peel off, but it hasn't spoiled our good time.

We ate dinner last night at Marianne's.  

Josh, Lucette, Olivia, Clarissa, Ammon, me and Mason

After dinner we visited a little, then started an escape room game.  People either immediately or gradually lost interest.  

I put in a small effort, but I was tired so we left shortly after 8:00.

Here is the small, but mighty, group at 10:00, when they finally escaped.

Omar, Marianne, Josh, Mason and Olivia

This morning I did my favorite thing, I got up when it was just getting light, I lit some candles and I am tucked under a blanket in my chair.  




I will have to move eventually, because everyone is coming here for breakfast.

For right now, this is really nice.

1 comment:

Marianne Johnson said...

What a lovely time it all was!