Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Us


Adam and I are celebrating our birthday (birthdays) soon. On the same day. This is a big year too because it marks the fact that we've known each other for half of our lives.

When people find out we have the same birthday...same year and everything...they say, "Really?" Then they say, "How neat."

To which we say, "Not really."

Sometimes it's hard to decide what to do to celebrate. There's a lot of, "Well it's your birthday too," that goes around.

Adam said something once that I liked about our birthdays though. He said we were in the same MTC group in heaven. It's kind of silly (much like a lot of things that are said around our house) but it led me to imagine a scenario where we were heading off to earth on March 23, 1973 to our various families. He to Washington...me to Nevada. Maybe we decided we'd both go to BYU so we'd be sure to find each other. (It was probably my idea to come up with a meeting spot since I'm the planner.) Then maybe (since I also tend to be the worrier) I was anxious that we might not meet...might not recognize each other. I can imagine Adam looking at me with his calming brown eyes and telling me not to worry. It would work out.

And as usual. He was right. It worked out.

And having the same birthday is not altogether a bad thing when Disneyland offers free admission on your birthday this year.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Happy Birthday Adam and Thelma!! I remember you saying once you both had the same birthday. I think that is totally cool. What a sweet deal to get FREE admission to Disneyland and to be able to go too. Have the time of your life, it is the most magical place to be. FUN!!

Olivia Cobian said...

Have you been watching too much Saturday's Warrior?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails