Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

For my birthday I think I'll go to...Disneyland.

Today's the big day. Emma and Braeden are dressed and bouncing off the walls and chittering and chattering in excitement. Adam's out cold and Mark growled when Braeden tried to wake him up.

In Mark's defense, it was 6:30 in the morning.

I had a typically bad hotel night and so did Braeden. I guess he couldn't get that excitement energy calmed enough to sleep.

I wish I had the internet connection sufficient to post some pictures. Yesterday we had a great day.

About every ten minutes driving around this city I think, I can see why people would live here! (when I'm smiling in sunshine, looking at amazing plants everywhere or the ocean) Then minutes later I declare, "Why does anyone live here?" (That usually happens when we're on the freeway or circling a never ending parking garage.)

We've sort of fallen in love with Santa Monica. That will happen if you're eating divine pizza at California Pizza Kitchen (everything tastes better when you're having lunch at 2:00 in the afternoon and you're famished) on Santa Monica Blvd. and Sheryl Crow's Soak Up The Sun comes on the radio.

We watched kite surfers yesterday. They amazed me.

We also visited the Los Angeles Temple grounds. It's a quiet oasis of calm and flowers and plants. We didn't want to leave.

Also yesterday we went to the Getty Center. We enjoyed the art in the museum but really loved the gardens and architecture outside. (Again, I wish I had pictures!)

When I return to the land of clouds and fast internet connection, I will post some pictures...

For now, the happiest place on earth (and my impatient 10 year old daughter) are calling my name.

3 comments:

Whitney Shane said...

Happy Birthday to you & Adam!
Santa Monica is my favorite city in the LA area. It is so pretty!
I hope you all have a great time at Disney.

Susie said...

Happy Birthday Thelma and Adam!! Sounds like you are having amazing time so far on your trip. You are making me jealous of the food , beaches, ocean and now the most magical place on earth Disneyland. I wish I could of fix into your suitcase. Have a wonderful time and a fanatic birthday. What a fun place to be on your birthday!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Thelma & Adam. I loved the pictures on Adam's blog. I hope you had a great day today. We love you both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails