Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Not A Bad Beginning

I'm writing to you from our hotel room with s-l-o-w internet access.  It reminds me of dial up days of yore when I used to have a magazine nearby when I was using the internet.

We didn't tell the kids until we were walking out the front door that we were flying rather than driving.

Mark had only flown as a baby and didn't remember the adventure so it was exciting for him.

He took about 15 pictures out the window.

Of the wing.

Adam and the two other kids sat across the aisle from us and the least friendly man in America sat next to me.  He was thrilled when we passed our book bag across him and when Mark had to get up mid flight to use the bathroom.  I was delighted when I saw that Mark took a picture of him so we could remember his jolly face.

After we landed we got our rental car and headed to the beach.  It was not warm and not beach weather but if you're in our family and slightly unhinged when it comes to water enthusiasm, that didn't matter.  I'm the black sheep (cold sheep?) of the family so while they jumped in the waves I went to sit in the car to get warm.

So that's our trip so far.  Unless I die of old age before the pictures load, I'll publish this post.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You are absolutely hilarioius. I loved the part about the guy sitting next to you. I laughed out loud. Too funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails