Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yesterday

We had a great day. We soared over California twice, just for the joy of it. Adam and I have been encouraging our kids (the younger two...Braeden's pretty fearless) that the rides "aren't that scary" if we want to go on them. We emphasize the scary factor if the line is really long and/or we don't want to go.

We're manipulative like that.

Last time we came here, everyone in the family loved Pirates of the Caribbean so I was a little surprised when right after we started on the ride, Mark stood up and said, "I want off!" Adam gathered him up and pulled him into the row where he and I were sitting. We promised Mark he'd love the ride.

He did.

Last time we came here, everyone in the family loved Grizzy River Run so I was a little surprised when Emma had a full scale freak out at the top. She started sobbing and said, "Dad, is there ANY way to get off this ride?" Then she told me to stop laughing at her. (I tried.) We promised Emma she'd love the ride.

She did not.

And Mark didn't really appreciate how soaked he got either.

Otherwise we've had a whole lot of fun.

When we were leaving the park last night, bone weary with our feet begging us to kick off our shoes, Mark said, "Mom, you know how after we die, we'll be resurrected?"

I said yes.

He said, "Well I've learned that someday we'll come back to earth. Will Disneyland be here?"

Here's hoping.


Thanks for all the birthday well wishes. Nothing makes us feel loved like listening to the Jorgensens (and then Adam's parents) sing happy birthday to us on our cell phone while we're on Main Street U.S.A. with throngs milling around.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails