Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Growing


I normally like Norman Vincent Peale's philosophy, "Live your life and forget your age." It doesn't really bother me to get older. Especially since I'm more or less living the life I always wanted to be living.

I thought about it some yesterday though (I think it was because I was exhausted and feeling more like 136 than 36 and I was sitting behind a rail thin, perfectly coiffed and made up 20 year old on the plane). Earlier in the day, Mark had said to me, "You are 36! You are getting old but you're not getting any bigger."

I decided to take it as a compliment. Women like to be told they're not getting bigger right?

I explained to him that after you get to a certain age, you don't get any taller, only wider. (Depressing news if you are the shortest member of a family that values height.)

I am not done growing though. I have a long ways to go. I need to grow kinder, wiser, more patient. And that's just for starters.

I have a ways to grow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails