Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Dear Adam,

As you requested, we went to the pumpkin farm to buy the biggest pumpkin we could because they all cost $1 today.  (And you have big plans to light a bonfire in it and send it down the river tonight.)

Words like deluge and pouring rain seem like understatements for today.

We slogged through mud and puddles and waterlogged straw.  We tried to lift the biggest pumpkin but it was too heavy.

(Your expectations have a way of lowering when you're inundated with the Northwest's finest fall storm weather.)

We still got a big pumpkin.  It was all Braeden and I could do to maneuver it into the enormous wheelbarrow and then into the backseat of the van.

You'll be happy to know the behemoth cost $1.

The Peppy Pumpkin Patch People tried to convince me to get more than one...they were only $1.  I'll have you know I smiled when I said no. 

The fact that I was smiling is remarkable.

The pumpkin rolled around the back of the van leaving a muddy swath in its wake as I drove across the valley and home.

I was sure it was going to smash.

It didn't. 

We got it into the garage and now it's all yours.  And the resulting muddy laundry is all mine.

my poor jacket...not shown is Braeden who looked like a mud man and the back of the van which is frightening


The point of this message?

You owe me.

Big.

I think a trip to New York City and Connecticut will suffice.

Let's go tomorrow.

T.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Where's the picture of the pumpkin? I refuse to pay up until I see proof of purchase. (Mud on your jacket? Bah. I get muddy like that when I trip on our front steps. I smell a cover up.)

Thelma said...

I would have taken a picture of the pumpkin but the pumpkin and I aren't on speaking terms right now. Let's just say it's not my favorite pumpkin.

Olivia Cobian said...

Is this another lovely Davis tradition?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails