Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

I Am Glad For Many Things: Health

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
Mahatma Ghandi

I am a pretty healthy person.  I'm not as healthy as I want to be, but as Adam would tell you (because he keeps telling me it's a pipe dream) I'm not perfectly healthy.

(And why can't I be perfectly healthy?  Never sick?  Never tired?  Too much to ask?)

There's nothing like being a little under the weather from time to time to make me profoundly grateful for my health though.  I am so grateful that I have energy.  I may have more tasks than I have time but at least I have energy.  Without it, I wouldn't stand a chance with my to do list.

I'm going to (try to) stop complaining about an occasional sore around my eye, a head-ache, my sometimes sniffly allergic nose.

I've got a healthy body to take me places and places to go!


You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
(from The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails