Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Part One: Sightseeing



One of my favorite day trips we used to take from New Haven was to Mystic and Stonington.  The first time we went to Mystic, back in 1997, we saw Santa Claus come into town on a tugboat.  I was hooked.

Mystic is a touristy little seaport near the Rhode Island border.

This was my first time being there without a stroller.



As we were pulling into town Adam reminded me of the time we drove there and we had to quickly pull over so I could throw up.  (I was pregnant with Emma at the time.)

Good times.

We looked in the shops and regretted that Bee's Dairy was no longer there.  We went to a little Scandinavian gift shop.  I think the owners of the store asked the Scandinavian countries for their garbage to sell.

Ug-ly.

(we didn't buy anything)

After Mystic we drove to Stonington.  It's the most lovely drive in the world.


sorry this is blurry...it was taken while driving... but I wanted to show the rock walls

We went to the beach.  It's not shielded by Long Island so the waves are bigger.

It was stormy and magnificent.



If I'd had a kite string I think I would have flown away.



Someday if we decide to become bank robbers or something so we can afford to live there, we'll move to Stonington.

Our only problem will be deciding which house to buy.

1 comment:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh the beauty!!! I miss that place and the stone walls and how curly my hair was there and how my skin was never dry. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails