Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

When Life Hands You Illogically Sized Rooms...

Make lemonade.

Or a Christmas present wrapping station.

Our bedroom is the biggest room in our house.  I wish it weren't.  For one thing, I don't really know how to furnish it...bowling alley?  Putting green?  I don't posses the decorating prowess to make it more than furniture huddled on the edges of a big room.  I also wish I could take part of it and put it in our compact kitchen or miniature dining room that will never house a dining room table.

Since I don't think it likely I'll invite dinner guests to eat in our room, I decided to enlist the space for a different purpose.

I dragged my laundry room table into our room and created a place for wrapping Christmas presents.


In the past I've wrapped gifts sitting on the floor in our bedroom--the door has a lock--which isn't comfortable.  This year I'll wrap them in a more pleasant way...

...and not be sorry I have a too-big bedroom.

It's all in how you look at it.

1 comment:

Clarissa Johnson said...

That is so cool. You are smart. I miss you and love your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails