Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Blue Heaven

I see the eight of us with our 'Secret Annexe' as if we were a little piece of blue heaven, surrounded by heavy black rain clouds.
Anne Frank

Anne Frank was amazing.  I'm not sure how she possibly maintained the optimism she had when in hiding.  It is inspiring though.  

Today I am surrounded by heavy black rain clouds.  Literally.  It's really coming down out there.  Also, with my re-entry into real life after my trip, I have a lot to do.  And it's not all fun stuff.  Last night, as is my custom when I'm sort of dreading the next day, I tried to think of at least one thing to look forward to.

I couldn't.

I'm disappointed in my lack of imagination.

Until I can come up with something to be cheerful about, I'm going to keep Anne Frank in mind.  I'm going to try to keep a little piece of blue heaven inside of me.

The heavy black rain clouds can do whatever they want.  

They're not going to bother me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails