Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Am Glad for Many Things: Stuff

Stuff is replaceable--as opposed to people--but I am grateful for stuff.

I'm thankful for a house to warm me inside and out.  I'm thankful for a van that is on the verge of being a clunker and Adam's car which is a clunker.  We're living on borrowed time with both of them but they get us from here to there, protected from elements and even in relative comfort.

I'm grateful.

I'm thankful for my supremely comfortable bed and pillow and for hot water and a deep bathtub.

I'm grateful for refrigeration and electricity and computers and indoor plumbing and books and music and fleece and sunscreen and Advil and Diet Coke.

I'm glad for shoes and photographs and antibiotics and telephones and plants and colors and pumpkin pie.

I'm thankful for a garbage service I can pay to take my garbage away and for the library.

I'm grateful for Clorox wipes and self cleaning ovens and dishwashers and vacuums and our furnace.

There's no way I can list all the stuff in my life...my abundant middle class American life...that makes my life better, easier, happier and safer.

But I am grateful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails