Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Part Two: The Food

Our New Haven tour wouldn't have been complete without some New Haven pizza.  There's nothing like it in the world.



They call it apizza and it's life changing.



We went to Pepe's, where the style of pizza originated.  We waited in line outside on the street.  We stood in line behind two women about our age who complained the entire time about their friends.

I've been reminded how cranky people can be on the East coast.  Especially women.  And between the amazing scenery and pizza, they should be a lot happier.

We ordered a margherita pie...



...and a white clam pie.

I've gained about 50 pounds on this trip and I think this could be why.

Afterward, with a wicked grin, Adam asked me if I wanted to go to Stop and Shop for some Turkey Hill Chocolate Cherry Cordial Frozen Yogurt.  It used to be our favorite treat.

(Are you sitting down?  You should be sitting down before you read this next part.)

Adam didn't remember how to get to Stop and Shop (seriously, are you sitting down?) and I did.

I told him where to turn and he kept saying, "Really?"

And I'd say, "Really."

And there was Stop and Shop.  I know, I was the one who did the grocery shopping, I should be the one to remember the way but it was surprising that I could remember and Adam couldn't.  What's next?  He'll ask me to help figure out his computer?  To interpret foreign policy?

Sheesh.

It rocked my world.

Then my world was further rocked.


No Chocolate Cherry Cordial Frozen Yogurt.  The humanity!  The heart break!

Adam suggested we try Shaw's.  I was starting to get braggy by that point as I directed Adam to Shaw's on Dixwell in Hamden.

Shaw's was no longer there.

It was a Shop Rite, but Shop Rite with a jazzy new logo.

Once inside it reminded me of Shaw's though.  In the frozen food aisle I remembered the time a woman tapped me on the shoulder and asked me "what on earth" I was feeding my cherubic baby to make her so lovely.

I was pretty proud of myself that I was nursing Emma and therefore deserved kudos.  (This was of course before I took Emma to her 9 month appointment and the doctor told me she was starving but we don't have to go into that here....)

We made another discovery in the frozen food aisle at Shaw's Shop Rite.  No Chocolate Cherry Cordial Frozen Yogurt.

You'll be happy to know we didn't go away empty handed.


I'm pretty sure I've gained more than 50 pounds.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love reading your posts! I have always wanted to go to NYC and New England, but haven't made it yet. Some day, some day....

Hannah Stevenson said...

Why or why did I read this when I was hungry?!

You are so adorable Thelma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails