Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

As Time Goes By

Time is an equal opportunity employer.  Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day.  Rich people can't buy more hours.  Scientists can't invent new minutes.  And you can't save time to spend it on another day.  Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving.  No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow. 
~Denis Waitely

Pulling out a new calendar, full of possibility and empty days to be filled is always exciting for me.  I like New Year's Day.  As much work as it all is, I love packing up Christmas in boxes and sliding them in the closet under my stairs.  I love the spare lightness that's left in the rooms, like empty calendar days and clean slates.

The thought of reentry to busy school schedules and the like seems a little bleak but there are things to be learned.  There are lessons in kindness and patience and self discipline that need to be mastered by yours truly.  I have my work cut out for me, but lovely tomorrows are ready and waiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails