Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Math

Emma and math.  She would be the first to tell you she hates it.  When she was home schooled (Sigh.  Let me have a moment of silence...I miss my girl.) she complained loudly and often about math. 

Last night she bemoaned the fact that she had a math packet to complete for homework.  And when Emma decides to protest and grumble there's no match for her.  The girl has skills.  She seated herself in the living room (her favorite place to do homework lately...could be because I've completely claimed her school room desk as my own and her books/papers/art projects have taken up permanent residence on her bedroom desk). 

After a while she said to me, "Mom, I think I can appreciate equivalent fractions.  I don't love them, but I have come to appreciate them."

What I love and appreciate?  Being privy to the bizarre and unpredictable things my children say.  It's a delight to be their mother.

Even when you consider their messy rooms.

Which had better be less messy by day's end.

Because my parents and grandma are coming to town.

(A nephew too but I don't think he cares if the rooms are clean.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails