Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's Needed

Sometimes we need a better camera so we can get pictures of boys when they're in motion.

Hyrum, Adam, Mark, and blurred Gavin

Here's a better one of Gavin:

three good boys


Sometimes you need lessons in your fancy-schmancy camera.  Eric kindly gave my parents a tutorial...Eric, will you do the same for us if/when we ever get a better camera?

here they are, internalizing the lessons from Eric...there's my grandma in the background with her camera

Sometimes I need more time spent with these three men in my life:



Sometimes you need to visit the beach for the first time...made even better if you find seashells:

Hyrum and Mark at Mukilteo Beach



Sometimes I need lessons in cake decorating:

You know how Mark always wants a Lego cake?  Sentimental Braeden wants a "frog cake" like I made for his 2nd birthday.  Sadly my frog cake skills diminish just a little bit every year...my grandma told me that I'm a great cook and everyone has a disaster every once in a while.  (Thanks Grandma...but disaster?)


Sometimes you need a sister to help you read your great-grandma's cursive:


Sometimes you need birthday presents to open:


Sometimes your mother needs a second chance to get it right:

the book Braeden wanted for Christmas but didn't get

Sometimes you need a typing teacher that makes house calls:

you can tell she's taking this seriously...she's set aside her embroidery


Sometimes you need a Grandpa.  You just do:


Sometimes you need a Grandma (or three):

Great-Grandma Jaynes, Grandma Dahl, Braeden and Grandma Geri


Sometimes you need to be goofy with your dad:



Sometimes being flanked by singing eight year old boys is the happiest place to be:

notice the frog's licorice tongue...I know I should be a professional cake decorator, I know

Sometimes you need a kiss:

we were supposed to be lining up for a serious picture and they caught me off guard


Sometimes you just have to smile and soak it all in and count your lucky stars for family and healthy children hitting big milestones and glad times.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Lovely pictures of a lovely group.

Lynn said...

Congratulations on a milestone! And for being a mother who sometimes flops! And for logging it all so we can share it with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails