Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What Good Parenting Will Get You

My beloved brother-in-law and two beloved nieces are coming to the Seattle area for a funeral just to see us.  I think my wimpy beloved sister should come too but it will be a very quick trip and her freakishly long elegant and svelte limbs get cranky when in the car for 12 hours so she doesn't like prolonged road trips.

I have been mentally planning for their visit.  Menu ideas and the like.  There's a thing about my irritatingly virtuous wonderful sister:  their family doesn't eat sugar or white flour.  When I plan a meal, I start with dessert.  We take dessert very seriously around here.

I'm not sure what to make for them.

I asked my children.

Emma said, "Just tell them, 'my house, my rules' and make them eat sugar."

Braeden said, "Tell them they have to eat sugar if they're going to stay here."

I'm so proud of the way I've raised my children to be so tolerant and accommodating.  I love the way they embrace differences in others and are broad-minded like that. 

It really warms my heart.



(Robert said not to clean just because he's coming.  I think Braeden and Emma are very willing to support that idea.)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

They are on the road! I wish I could see you all but these freakishly limbs are happy to be stretched out at home right now.

Olivia Cobian said...

Lili and Ruben are indignant that we aren't going to Seattle. I like how you know how to cross things out on your blog. You're such a tech-y (Is that a word?).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails