Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

When Did This Happen?

Yesterday morning, Braeden and Liberty were sprawled on the floor, playing chess on an ipad.  Emma and Deseret came along with an ipod playing music.  They too draped themselves on the floor and they all chatted about music.

And I don't understand it.

I don't understand how this:



And this:



Turned into long legged kids (OK maybe I get the long legged part...that's Marianne up there with the endless legs) lounging around listening to music I've never heard before.  They told each other jokes and fell into the comfortable shorthand of kids that have known each other their whole lives.

Lest this turn into a sentimental sob about how they're growing up so fast (sniff!), I must say, I love the ages they are.  They are interesting and entertaining and savvy and they can all tie their own shoes...brilliant children!  I love the ages they are.

I just don't understand how it happened.

And speaking of what I don't understand, they like to play "ninja".  It is a game that sort of mystifies me in its complexities.  They swing around in arcs and swoops and then someone's "out" and then another person is "out" and so on until there's only one person standing.




It looks very intense (like camping).  See what I did there Desi?  Desi told Emma something was intense like camping.  She said, "Get it?  In tents?"

Emma said, "That's funny."

Nothing like a little play on words to delight.

Nothing like a visit from cousins to delight.




P.S.  We missed you Clarissa!

2 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

I miss you too! I would have had fun, even though I always, ALWAYS lose at Ninja. :)

Marianne said...

I love the old pictures when Lib was so teeny (and frowny!) And I love "fell into the comfortable shorthand of kids that have known each other their whole lives." Comfortable shorthand. What a way with words you have.

Also, I forgot about the Christmas ornaments. What a delightful surprise. They are very cute. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails