Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

5 Senses

This morning I went for a run at 6:00 a.m.

I heard birds chirping, water tumbling over rocks in the creek and the gravel crunching under my feet.  (It is easier to run on gravel than pavement I have learned.)

I saw many, many shades of green, a deer, two rabbits, hay fields, trees, sagebrush, wildflowers, the mountains I've loved all my life and vivid blue sky stretching from mountain horizon to mountain horizon.

I smelled the sagebrush and willows and fresh morning air.

I felt the bracing coolness left over from a desert night and the delicious warmth of the sun on my face.

I didn't taste anything (I was running, silly).

I was happy to be alive.

Then my lungs started burning.  (It is easier to run at sea level than at 5500 feet I have learned.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails