Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

OK, OK...I'm Warm

My feet are warm.  My sunglasses have been working overtime.  It's been in the 90s and so far no bones have cracked in the drastic temperature change.
Although some of my family members...the ones that soak up that Northwest weather like it's nectar of the gods...are a little too warm.

Mark was stunned by that bright ball in the sky.

What IS that?

One of the highlights so far of this trip was seeing my cousin Leslie last night.  I haven't seen her for years and I was delighted that our visits back to Nevada coincided (for once!).  She is beautiful and witty and kind with a good husband and charming children.  I loved seeing her, and meeting her charming children.  It is spectacular knowing Leslie is in the world and every time I see her I am happy.  We grew up together and slept at each others' houses and shared each others' secrets.  It's possible we could never run out of things to talk to each other about.

Too bad I don't see her more often.

In other news, my dad has shaved his mustache.  He'd had it for 41 years and it still startles me when I see him. 

(He's just as handsome without it.)

It sort of makes me happy that he shaved it, even though it has always been part of his identity.  My parents are preparing to serve a mission for our church.  The mission department wanted to see a picture of my dad without his mustache.  He shaved immediately.  That's my dad.  He knows what matters.  And that matters to me.

(But as you can see, I'm not mentioning it because my dad also doesn't want it to be a big deal...he should have thought about that before he had loud mouthed children, right?)



2 comments:

Leslie said...

It was so great to see you too Thelma! Your kids are so grown up but to me it seemed like you haven't changed. I loved hearing your laugh and I've decided a couple of hours every 1/2 decade is not nearly often enough to get together! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and I hope that our next visit to Starr Valley coincides with yours! Love, Leslie

Wendy Hargrave said...

Your dad shaved his moustache??? So where's the picture? This I've got to see! Have they submitted their mission papers yet? That's so cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails