Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

KP Duty

In June I cleaned my kitchen.  I procrastinated and dreaded and scrubbed and scoured and hoped that certain people were amply rewarded for their inventions.  The inventors of SOS pads, rubber gloves and removable/cheap drip pans for electric burners are maybe my favorite people in the world.  And the inventors of self cleaning ovens.  I love you guys.

Clean kitchens are like an eclipse.  They are a fleeting if-you-blink-you'll-miss-them phenomena.  But like the saying goes, the kitchen is the heart of the home.  It is where earth, water and fire combine to nourish, soothe, unite.

It's worth it to get it sparkling clean every once in awhile.

Then let your children have a snack and watch the crumbs and fingerprints descend.

I don't have any splashy pictures of what I changed. (Are pictures of what I changed ever splashy?  Let's pretend.)  I do have an idea of what I want to change in my kitchen though.

I want a tile back-splash.  I am getting up the courage to decide exactly what I want.  (I think I want white subway tile with some red glass tile shots of color in there but what if I decide I don't want red in 5 years and there I am with red glass tile shots of color?)




I am also getting up the courage to try this project on my own.

I am also waiting for my baby brother to decide to come and visit me and do the project for me.

That's really what I'm waiting for.

Ammon?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails