Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Big Day

Besides some of my neighbors trying to create a war zone here close to home with fireworks,  I love the 4th of July.  I love America.  I'm grateful for my freedoms and this beautiful, flawed and varied country we live in.

I am thankful to all those who ensured my freedoms and for those that continue to do so.

Today's also the big race:  The 10K Yankee Doodle Dash.

I am a little nervous but feel mostly prepared, I mean, I did paint my nails in a festive fashion.

Now don't judge me, I'm more enthusiastic than skilled when it comes to nail polish.

And I ate a lot of spaghetti last night.

Also, Jill is helping me to navigate so I avoid rookie mistakes.  When we went to pick up our race packets last week, they included a t-shirt.  I said, "So we wear our t-shirts in the race?"  She smiled and told me the real runners can tell the beginners because they're all wearing the race t-shirts.

Well, I'm going to be a Real Runner.  You won't catch me in my race t-shirt.  (You could probably catch me, I'm not so fast...but I'll be wearing a different shirt.  Never mind.)

So I have everything settled...well, except for the actual running part.

Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about it.  (Assuming I survive.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ran a 10K? WOW. I'm so impressed. That's huge. Let us know how it went.

Aunt Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails